Thursday, June 28, 2012

Do you believe in Magic... Mike that is.

One more day, ladies. It is our turn to objectify men a little with the release of the movie of the summer (says me), Magic Mike. I don't even have to see the movie and I can tell you that it was great! 2 thumbs up. 5 stars. Oscar, People's Choice, MTV award... bravo, encore, encore gentlemen.
Thank you, cast, for throwing all dignity to the side, permanently recorded on film, in the name of sexy.
There doesn't need to be a plot or Oscar-worthy acting skills. This movie is about the fine form of the male body that is Channing Tatum. I have had a huge crush on him since I saw him in "Step Up" with his now-wife Jenna Dewan (lucky broad). The movie is loosely based on his life as a stripper before he found fame. Now, why couldn't I have wandered into that club?
I jest, mostly, as truth be told, I have been to an actual male strip club only once in my life and it was for a friend's birthday. It was not fun at all. Maybe it was because the strippers were jerks and I was too young, not on drugs, not drunk and didn't have tons of cash. Or maybe it was because Channing wasn't there. I have made a vow to try out a better club once more before I die. Maybe it will be better. I attended a female burlesque in Vegas once called La Femme and it was amazing. Guys have a lot of catching up to do to reach that level of art form.
 I still consider myself a good Christian girl (usually), even though I am looking forward to such a movie. Is it my dark side? No, its my human side. The one God gave me. Jesus still loves me and I know because he tells me so. This girls night out is much overdue and a highly anticipated distraction for me at this time in my life. So, tomorrow night you can find me at BJ's brewhouse and then oogling at Studio Movie Grill. Say hey if you're around.
I'll leave you with this tidbit that echo my exact sentiments:
"You know magic Mike is going to be great when Matthew McConaughey is the least attractive of the group."
Happy viewing, ladies (and gents, too)!

PS. Yes, my husband knows all of this. It's no secret. And if his heartrate rises a little at reading this, I appreciate his healthy level of jealousy and I have 2 words for you, dear. Mila Kunis. Love you.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I can't be there to watch y'all watch this. I wonder if any of my associates will be out there drooling along with y'all? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete